Thursday, May 3, 2012

Project

I love a project, but I don't always have the best timing. When we lived up north I tore apart a bathroom while JD was out of town and he only had 3 days to help me put it back together before family came to town. Last month JD had a few business trips to LA.  Our front door is a beautiful solid Pine door that has been abused by the sun. I asked about refinishing it last summer and JD said we needed to take it off to do it properly and well it never happened, so I brought it up in early April and he said well why don't we wait until it gets a little warmer.  It was deja vu I know we have a ton of other projects to take care of and the door wasn't on the top of his list, but it was up there on mine. I mean it's an easy project and I can do it. So while JD was in LA he got a text saying "tackled the door" and he said "what does it figure".  I did it minus taking the door off it's hinges, I sanded and sanded and sanded until it was smooth and  beautiful, then I oiled it. The door is beautiful and it gave the front of the house a 
little face lift.
 Before
 During
After

No comments: